In Today’s modern world, we are using most of the chaff cutters which are run on electricity and tractor-operated. Human intervention is required hence this will reduce the work of giving the without chaffed fodder.
Nowadays People also use traditional ways like cutting the chaff with knives and using a hand-operated cutter. but this required more labour as well as not suitable for medium and large farms
The invention of the chara cutters will help increase the population and demand for milk and milk products.
Origin of Chaff cutter
Before the invention of the chaff cutters people need to feed the cattle in open areas and land availability is more as the population is less.
Every household has 1 or 2 cows which are sufficient for home use not to sell or buy there is no requirement for a chaff cutter for those.
After the increase of the population, the land is becoming limited and the demand has been increasing constantly every decade.
People are starting to use knives to cut and give them and some people use horses and cows to make the chaff.
The old chaff cutters need manual work and a cattle is dedicated to work on the old cutters
Steam Powered Chaff cutters
The steam-powered cutters run with the help of steam with the help of wood water boiled and they make an iron pipe or chimney to give the power to the wheel to move it.
The availability of steel is less and there was less growth in industrial areas to make the spares of the cutter
Motor Powered Chaff cutters
After the invention of motor-powered chaff cutters people are starting to make dairy as a profession. at the starting power, availability is less like farmers get 2 to 5 hours of power in a day. with this, they started with the small farms and cut when power was available.
The Modern Chaff Cutters.
- The motors come with enhanced efficiency, copper is used, and the high-capacity motors with lightweight.
- Tractor-made chaffing machines are also available they cut the grass and chaff then it will be feeding the animals by keeping them in the trays.
- the process is streamlined, the farmer estimates the time to take the chaff for each cattle and adjusts the resources as per the number of cattle
- The size of the chaff can be adjusted as per the cattle, this is the best feature of modern chaff cutters.
- With online markets, farmers are choosing one from thousands of sellers and getting them through the delivery as the increasing transport and logistics industry.
Future Trends in Chaff Cutters
with the invention of AI, we can see a lot of changes in the dairy industry in the future. The following are the abilities of technology for chaffing and feeding the animals
- If we give the area of the grass to the machine with the instructions, it will cut in that area and get them to the farm.
- A machine will load the chaff and unload it in the feeding trays as per the schedule and the accurate quantity of grass.
- There are advanced monitoring systems available to analyze the chaff size and we will also have the machines to chaff accurately in size
- Understanding the dry matter and nutritional value of the chaff is difficult nowadays but with the new technology it is easy that will be place it in the machines it will suggest the amount of grass required and what type of grass needs to be given